Hello Everyone! My name is Andrene Wright and I am currently a second semester junior at John Jay College, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Africana Studies. I am born and raised on Long Island with one older sister and one younger brother (yes, I am the middle child). Both of my parents migrated here from Jamaica in the early 1970's. They have raised me with a very heavy admiration for education. It has always been my families primary focus for me and my siblings, and not a day goes by when I dont thank them for raising me with this strong focus. 

I am very excited to be this year's etern. I have fallen in love with eportfolio's after my first semester here at John Jay College having transferred from Michigan State University. My professor, Carmen Kynard, has emphasized the uses for eportfolio's as something that doesn't have to be only professional. I valued the eportfolio platform at that point because I genuinely felt like I had something provocative to say. Coming from a predominently white institution, I had an opportunity to experience something many of my peers at John Jay College didn't. Pretty for a Black Girl displayed and explored my coming into consciousness of myself as a young black woman in academia.

Having been exposed to Eportfolio's and the love i generated for them, I took on another electronic platform in the summer of 2014. I became an online editor for the (K)Knew WWW, which stands for Womens Web Work. It is an online journal of black women narratives throughout the U.S.

Needless to say, I am a huge fan of using electornic platforms for academic advancement and growth.