My name is Brenda Almaraz and I am an Anthropology and Latin American and Latinos/as Studies (LLS) double major student at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I chose to attend John Jay College because they aspire to make a difference in communities. Throughout the 14 years of traveling to Mexico and my one travel to Ecuador, I have witnessed corruption and injustices that push me to want change. At John Jay College I hope to gain knowledge on the law and ways in which I can help the Latin American community.

My knowledge of e-portfolios and Digication began when I enrolled in my English classes here at John Jay College and as a member of the Adelante Workshop Series.  Through these courses and the Adelante program, I was able to create an academic and professional e-portfolio. The academic e-portfolio MYINK.com highlights the work that I have done in my English classes. My Adventures to Latin American Countries which documents my travels to Mexico with my family, as well as my experiences through my study abroad experiences to Quito, Ecuador, Havana, Cuba, and Felipe Carrillo Puerto in Quintana Roo, Mexico. Brenda's ePortfolio displays a digital version of my resume, my achievements, and S.M.A.R.T (Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic and Time-bound ) goals that I have set for myself during my time in John Jay and after my graduation date. As an eTern, I hope to spread my current knowledge of e-portfolios, as well as learn more through hands on experience.