Lesley Fernandez

My name is Lesley Fernandez; and I am a Forensic Psychology major with minors in Latin American and Latino/a Studies and Addiction Studies here at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I identify as a Dominican American, and came to John Jay College to pursue a career in law enforcement. But after spending three years learning about institutional structures and inequalities, I became more woke towards social justice issues and I am inspiring to conduct research that invokes policy change and inclusion towards ethnic minorities.

I was first introduced to e-portfolios and Digication my freshmen year of college for my freshman year seminar LLS class. This class was in conjunction with the Adelante program. I created my ePortfolio as a platform to submit my assignments, and I will be honest, I was not too excited about creating an account. I thought to myself, “Why can’t the professor just take my assignments like a regular professor?” And to make matters worse, my honors class also introduced digication two days later. It was the nightmare of the digication, or so I called it. Who knew 2 months later, digication would become one of my most valued professional platforms.

I have used Digication to enhance my professional resume, and give employers, admission committees, scholarship committees, etc., a visual representation of my experiences as an undergraduate. As an eTern, I hope to motivate students to expand their usage of Digication, and take full advantage of this free professional platform.