My name is Michelle Sencion and I am currently completing my second year at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I am a native of Manhattan, all the way up in Inwood. Growing up in my culturally rich neighborhood, I learned the true meaning of being surrounded by a community. In my neighborhood, everyone knows each other and we coexists as dependants. Businesses surround my home and from my edge-like view I can see all the way to the green hills of the Inwood Park. I chose to come to John Jay because I am passionate about social justice. From a young age, I knew that helping others was what I loved to do. 

I learned about ePortfolios during my first year of college. I created a platform for my work at "In Love We Trust" and a platform for my resume and professional developments at "Michelle.Sencion.EDGE." Creating these portfolios helped me acquire skills in website development. I learned about things like coding, which gave me the ability to personalize my ePortfolio. As an eTern, I hope to introduce my peers to the creative aspect of website design and let them know how much beauty can come from pressing a couple keys on a computer.