My name is Olivia Ramirez and I was was born in New Rochelle, New York. Living in New Rochelle kept me sheltered and confined to interacting with a mainly privileged population and as a result I was exposed to the stares and whispers for not being as privileged as my colleagues. I was raised in a single parent household therefore college seemed like a long-shot dream.

Coming to John Jay gave my the opportunity to be explore a world of diverse cultures, advocacy and to find myself. I am currently a sophomore at John Jay College of Criminal Justice with a major in Political Science and a minor in communications. After completing my BA at John Jay I want to attend law school and become a lawyer. I hope to help underrepresented minorities and help with the many obstacles they face. 

In addition, during my first year at John Jay I was able to create my own E-portfolio which was part of my class grade. Aside from my academic e-portfolio I also created a professional e-portfolio. This allowed me to showcase a range of things that I have done. From advocacy work to even displaying my photographs I take as a hobby of mine I was able to show the digital identity I have created for myself.  As an eTern, I hope to help other students navigate the website in order to exhibit their work as well as complete simple tasks such as posting homework.