Hello! My name is Patricia Padrinao, and I was born and raised in the Philippines. I moved to New York City with my mother and brother in 2012, and resided in a small studio apartment on the Upper West Side. I currently live in East Harlem, New York. I grew up in a traditional Filipino home where I have to mano my elders, and call everyone who are older than me tita (aunt) and tito (uncle). Despite conforming and adapting to a newfound society, I try to add my values as a Filipina woman to my lifestyle. 

I'm currently a junior at John Jay College, majoring in Forensic Psychology and double minoring in Latin American and Latina/o Studies and Gender Studies. In my freshman year, I was part of the Adelante! programs: Adelante! Edge and Adelante! Power-Up. Being an Adelante! student helped me get the support I needed to tackle college life while meeting and creating connections at an early stage in my academic career that would hopefully lead me to a professional career. 

I was first introduced to ePortfolio in my English and Latinx Studies classes where I started creating my ePortfolio for academic purposes that were required, but it slowly transitioned into an academic/professional ePortfolio over the course of my college journey. I immediately grew intrested in HTML/CSS at the age of 15 where I used Tumblr as my primary source of learning. My interest peaked even more when we started using ePortfolio in my classes, and how my view in documenting my academic journey became a habit. A Filipina's Journey is my first ePortfolio required for my English class, and despite the class' requirements I added a touch of my Filipino heritage to show my audience where I came from and how a short Filipina manages and tackles her way through the busy streets of New York City and the society she lives in. I'm currently working on my professional ePortfolio, as we should all do and make a habit of continuously revising it, where I show my professional experiences, resume, goals in life and my achievements. 

I'm very excited for what the future brings, and I'm glad I could share my journey with you and I hope you can share yours with me.