My name is Stephanie Calderon and I'm an English major and triple minoring in Creative Writing, Latin America and Latino Studies (LLS), and U.S. Latino Literature. I chose John Jay because I first applied as a Forensic Science (FOS) major and what better place to study science and the law than a criminal justice school? Although being a FOS major was my plan, that definitely didn't happen in the end. After a semester I realized how much I disliked my courses and wasn't enjoying the material I was learning, which led me to look at other options. After taking an extraordinary amount of time looking through all the different majors John Jay and the CUNY system has, I settled on English because I loved the department, the professors, and my classes. So I guess the better question is why did I stay? I loved the vibe John Jay has; the no judgment of different opinions and backgrounds; and most importantly, the education we get may not be to "ivy league" standards but the professors and faculty truly care about what you're going through and will help you connect to any and all resources in their power.

I was first exposed to Digication during my freshman year of the Adelante! program. During my LLS First Year Seminar and my ENG 101 class, I was introduced into the ePortfolio platform and from there I've grow my knowledge and creativity to be able create my professional ePortfolio  and my favorite course ePortfolio. Both of these ePortfolio's have given me a chance to broaden my creativity levels and organize my accomplishments in a clear platform that I even won the grand prize for the 1st annual ePortfolio Showcase! As an eTern I hope to learn more about what digication can bring to students and how professor can use it in their classroom and lesson plans. By bringing more technology into the classroom it closes the divide between student and professor, giving a greater power to the students and their education.