Introduction
Abstract

Nowadays, getting pregnant at a young age is becoming a social norm in society. More and more girls 15 and 16 years old are getting pregnant, some of which are as young as 12 years old. Teens watch shows like teen moms and 16 and pregnant and think to themselves that the life of teenage pregnancy is fun and will make them a star one day. But is it really? The youth of today fail to understand that having a child at these ages permanently and profoundly alters a teenager’s life. Take it from someone who knows someone who's been there. The sanctity of bringing a new life into this world is filled with nothing but responsibilities, and obligations, where the child’s needs comes before your own. You're then thrown in a world where are expected to balance out graduating high school and obtaining a job to help provide for the everyday needs of your child. Your live flips the script from going on dates, partying, hanging out with friends, going to sleepover parties, to one of diaper changing, doctor appointments, paying bills, and days care. Now think about that for a moment. Do you really want this life for your self? Th better questions is, Are you ready? This research explicitly focuses on the reality of teen pregnancy and the life altering changes that having a baby causes. The purpose of this research is to tip one's hand that abstinence is the best policy, but if one is engaged in sexual activities, they need to be very nimble about it. Thinking you're grown enough to indulge in adult behaviors is like playing with fire. But I guess it means you're grown enough to contend with adult obligations.

Keywords:

Responsibility, Stress,

Stereotypes, Change, Social Impact, Life Altering

A Mother At 15. What Would you say? Majority had the choice, but it was never her instinct to walk away. She may cry for nine months at a time, unaware of what she should do. But the process had already started, and it was only right for her to see it through. Many passed judgement, some of whom she had never met. The names are sometimes belligerent, ones she’ll never, ever forget. A mother at 15, clueless about what to do. A teenager shrewd beyond the bounds of her teen years, saw the sojourn through. A mother that withstand the controversy in the depth of a cold hearted world where she was eschewed. A new, written chapter in her youth years, her realm under way. Teenage Pregnancy.

In the depth of today’s society, many people are very judgemental towards teen moms. Assuming solely that they are unreliable, and way too young to raise a child. But is it fair to pass these judgements not knowing the reality of the situation? Being a teen mom is a very stressful and nerve-reckoning stage of one's life, bringing about emotional distress. As they sit an wonder, How will I finish school? What will my parents say? How will they react? Should I hide it? Should I abort? What if my baby is fatherless? Coiled in a web of qualm, a lot of adolescent parents are unaware of there next steps as they take on the definitive life of teenage pregnancy. Many are told that they are throwing their life away, but what's done is done. Teen should always bare in mind that when they have a child one chapter of their life will end, but an even more prodigious one will begin. 

I write this research with high hopes and aspirations that teens would read this and sit and have a talk with their loved ones, whether it's with their parents, or significant other. I also hope that atleast one parent will read this, and go home and have a discussion with their child/children about teenage pregnancy and having sex at a young age. With every striking hour, in the U.S alone, 1 out of 3 girls who gets pregnant are between the the dire ages of 15 and 20. It's up to every sexually active teen to enage in safe sex and for those who are not yet engaged in sexual conduct, WAIT. It would not do any harm to simply wait. It may seem like you're missing out on something, but trust, you are not. Don't give into the peer pressure, rise above the influence.

Outline of My Research

Little Miss Teenage Pregnancy (Literature Review)

Since the late 19th century, teenage pregnancy have became a very prominent issue, that have seemed yet to be fully addressed. Because of this, more and more teens are getting pregnant at younger ages. Additionally these adoloescent parents are then left to be faced with the detrimental aspects of teenage pregnancy and the apprehensive life that follows. "Little Miss Teenage Pregnancy," delve into the core fundamentals of life of a teen mom and it's effect of one physically, mentally, and emotionally.

How It All Came To Be (Methodology)

Someone once told me, "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people". As my prudent mind began to ponder, I came up with the theory in mind to discuss all of these in one setting. I prose the questions, How do teenage girls describe their lives as being a teen mom? What steps can be taken in order to prevent teen pregnancy? What can be done to help adolescent parents? I set out on a journey in a search for answers, and "How It All Came To Be" delineates my pursuit in the justification for answers.

The Double Lined Life (Findings and Analysis)

We've fallen, we've risen, we've all made mistakes. We lived and we've learned.  

Nobody’s perfect. "A Double Lined Life," illustrates the life of teenage mother named Sam, who have faced the adversities of having a child young, head on. It evaluates on her many trials and tribulations and forebodes the fact everyone makes mistakes. But some mistakes will teach us valuable lessons and make us a better person.

Journey's End

A great author once said, "The future is here, it's just not widely distributed yet". In completion of reading the expanse of my research, I have summarized the core aspects of my findings and analysis and in high hopes, I also provided a succint acumen that one can follow to evaluate more on teenage pregnancy and go in deeper depth to find solutions to the problem. "Journey End" is the end of my journey, and the beginning of yours.

No BABY, You Ain't Ready (Proposal)

"No BABY, You Ain't Ready," gives a brief prospectus of my research project. It outlines my outlook on the dilemma of teenage pregnancy, thus giving a background stance on the topic.

In The Midst Of It All (Raw Data)

"In The Midst Of It All" is a clear perceptible of data I acquired in the completion of this research project. It is mainly an interview I conducted to acquire reliable information about my topic.

From Nothing To Something

Planning without action is futile, action without planning is fatal. Before we can hit the nail on the head, we all had to find the tools needed in order to do so. "From Nothing To Something" is an organized gallery filled with images of my blueprint for this research.