Introduction

The purpose of this study is to descripe and evaluate on the topic of teenage pregnancy. The concept and definitive life of tenage pregnancy and being a teenage mom is a major concern in the depth of today's society. This research will deeply evaluate on this concept and go in depth about how teenage prgenancy effects the lives of teenage girls and the detrimental struggles and tribulations of bringing a new life into this world and becoming a teenage mom.

Background

Teenage pregnancy has been a eminent, quintessential problem for many generations and have substantially becoome highest in the United states. Teenage pregnancy is when a female, generally under the age of 20 at the time, unintentionally becomes pregnant during their adolescence years. In modern days, it is foreseen that many teenage moms are between the dire ages of 15 and 19. Many of which are growing up in this cold, harsh world wondering, over analyzing the detrimental facts about who, or what they could have become if only they had waited and stayed in school. Many questions are prosed in their little prudent minds as they just wondered, what if? To help the spiralling rates of teenage pregnancy to plummet, the author, J.W, Bennett, speculates on the theory of TRUTH IN SEX: WHY JOHNNY CAN'T ABSTAIN, thus giving a succinct overview of the indispensable link between moralizing abstinence and sex education.

Research Questions

How do teenage girls describe their lives as being a teen mom? What steps can be taken in order to prevent teen pregnancy? What can be done to help adolescent parents?

Methodology

I will be interveiwing an 18 year-old High School graduate, who is currently enrolled in Virgina State Union as a freshman. I will conduct the interview over the phone due to the fact that she is away at college and cannot be available for a one-on-one interview. All answers shared with me will be confidential and remain strictly between us. I have arranged for us to have three different conversations during the evening because she has morning classes, and because the matter is quite personal and may get a little emotional and deep. The conversation would be broken up into three days. Two depending on how smoothly everything goes. I will not jump straight into the questions for this study as I want her to feeel comfortable and at ease talking to me about her endeavors as a teen mom.

Interview questions will include, but are not limited to the following:

-How old were you when you first got pregnant?

-What was the pregnancy like?

-Was the father of the child around to help the pregnancy during and after the child was conceived?

-If you coukd go back in time would you change anything? If yes, Why?

-How has your pregnancy/baby impacted your life?

-Being a teen mom, how do you feel about teen pregnancy?

-What message would you give to teenage girls out there having sex?

Research Stance

As a maturing young adult, I have seen that teenage pregnancy is becoming a big issue. Mostly around the neighborhood I reside in. Most teenagers around my age group are sexually active, some of which are having unprotected sex at that, and not using any sort of birth control methods, and don't quite get the repurcussions of it. Most of my female childhood friends are either pregnant right now or have had a child already. Eevn a few that I went to high school with are pregnany at this very moment. I have seen their struggle, heard some oftheir stories and even acknowledged the reactions they got from their family members, including those from the child's father side. Every story was different, and being that I am in the same age group, I am hoping to learn some key  valuable concepts about the life of a teenage mother. I am 19 years old and I am already a god-mother of one.

Conclusion

My main goal is to assist society, primarily adolescent females between the ages of 15 and 20. I want to reach out to them through the voice of another. I want them to understand the repurcussions of having sex at an early age, not wanting to wait, and to let them know that the teenage pregnancy phenomenon is not something they want to experience at asuch a young age. Teenage pregnancy have a great impact on many lives, think of your future, don't be another "statistic". Enjoy your teen years while you're still young. Starting a family, and having kids could wait.