Throughout my life and time in and out of college, I've participated in a number of community service opportunities. I took the initiative to experience some of these opportunities, while also being placed into others by my mother, against my will. I was a boy scout when I was a younger, I'm an active member of Tau Kappa Epsilon, was an active member of SUNY Delhi's Community Service activities, as well as an active participant in everyday service activities.

Outside of the classroom, I mostly help my mother, who works for  the Catholic Charities Organization, which helps low income citizens and families, pay for food, find work,find housing and other services. Sometimes my mother is involved with service in job fairs, or food and clothing collections, in which I help her move heavy objects, man tables, and other tasks that might come up.

Giving back to the Community and to this country is an important aspect in my life. This country and it's people have already given me many opportunities to better my life, it's only fair that i return the favor.