For my Fall 2016 semester I was in a creative writing class with Professor Whitestone. This was a class that going in I expected rules, structure and for Professor Whitestone to teach us a certain way to write. This was nowhere near the case. 

Professor Whitestone decided her method of teaching was allowing her students to embrace their creativity, allowing them to be as open or closed as we wanted, but most of all she allow us to be the writers that we are more than capable of being.

There were three major parts of this class:

• The process of what you wrote
  • Commenting on your classmates work
  • Signing off on 3 different pieces of work (personal statement, fiction and poetry)

This is one of the so many different things that made this class so different from any other class that I've been in. This was our time to comment of other people's work, see how they're writing their piece, and if it's working for them. During the whole commenting process you end up taking what you read and wrote for your classmates piece, and reflecting that back on your own work. 

Writing down my process and even writing down my inspiration, motives and mood during my writing actually really helped me when I had to go back and edit my piece. It also made me think about how much I loved writing, and when I'm most upset is when I tend to write some crazy pieces. The purpose of this whole class is finding yourself, learning more about yourself as a writer and as someone who isn't perfect and who needs to go back and edit her paper and who loves herself as much as she loves other.