My minor is now Creative Writing! If you would have asked me a few months what my minor was I would have told you Digital Media and Journalism, but the reality of me taking a Journalism course really opened up my mind that writing isn't all the same, and that my passion isn't reporting.

Also, it was actually really logical to take this as a minor since I want to get my Masters in Creative Writing. I'm so much more excited to be in this minor than before because I can experience all types of writing and, maybe, even figure out what my favorite type of writing is. The only complaint that I would have to say is that I just don't have enough time to take all the classes that I want, and 6 classes just isn't enough to explorer all types of writing that I want. 

The classes that I intend to take with this minor is:

• ENG 212: Creative Writing
  • ENG 216: Fiction Writing
  • ENG 392: Advanced Poetry Writing
  • ENG 313: Advanced Fiction Writing
  • ENG 320: Writing Workshop in Autobiography: An Eye on the Self
  • ENG 260: Grammar, Syntax, and Style: Writing for all Disciplines 

"In many ways writing is the act of saying I, of imposing oneself upon other people, of saying listen to me, see it my way, change your mind.

I write entirely to find out what I’m thinking, what I’m looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."

--Joan Didion, Why I Write