NYPD Explorers

The NYPD Explorers is a career-oriented program that focused with teenagers, ages 14-20 years old about Law Enforcement. While in this program we learn respect for authority, self discipline and team work.

We have two major parts of the program: community service and competition. Through community service we want to help break the barrier that is there between civilians and law enforcement. Competition occurs twice a year, and Nationals occurs every other year. For competition we train our explorers for scenarios that actual NYPD officers go through while on duty. Some of the scenarios we train for are: White collar crimes, search and arrest, crime scene investigation, traffic investigation, and so much more.

I have been apart of the program since 2010. I am a Lieutenant with the NYPD Explorers with my post 2066 in Boropark, Brooklyn. Through this program I have made countless connections, both for the benefit of my post and for the benefit of my future career. But not only have I made connections that will benefit me in the end, but also personal connections, I have made a family. A family within my post that even though we have our problems we are always there for each other. 

2016 Explorer Recognition Dinner