I literally changed my eportfolio design once a week since I made it in February 2014, but I'm content with my eport as it is right now. Maybe, I will tweak some things here and there, but it's looking promising. I chose the color purple, because of my previous experiences. I remember hearing a joke sometime during my childhood stating "you're so black, you're purple". At the time I found it hilarious. I just remember laughing. When I got older, it came back to me, and I reassessed it. Obviously for the comparison to be considered a joke, "you're so black" would need to be considered a bad thing, a "funny" thing; but the way I see it, purple  is a beautiful color and black is a beautiful skin tone. "The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice" as hairspray would put it. So, for the effects of making this profile beautiful, of course I will be choosing purple. The picture on my top footer reminds me of my textured hair which I read has as much as 27 different feels.

My welcome page is a picture of myself where I spend most of my excess time. I also found it fitting to invite my viewers to contact me with ideas. I want to make a huge effort in learning from you, just as I'd hope you could learn from me.

I would also like to bring your attention to the bottom of every page with a quote that is very dear to my heart from a woman, Audre Lorde, who has taught me so much about myself:"...It is axiomatic that if we do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others- for their use and to our detriment.” With That being said, Welcome to Pretty for a BLACK GIRL.

Image Credit Header: http://www.pinterest.com/dominiquelottie/afro-arts/