Right now, I am thinking of researching the standards of professionalism in Corporate America and if natural hair from African American women falls within those standards. I am thinking of doing this because I am currently anxious about my interview for a Law School Prep Program at my school, and I am not sure what I should do with my hair. I do not want them to target my hair as a reason to not accept me, nor do I want it to overshadow their attention to the point where me and my capabilities are not rightfully considered. 

I want this research project to impact everyone who reads it, but most importantly, young girls my age and younger. I want them to be aware of the movements that are currenly underway and not to feel anxious as I am with their presentation and its perceptions. I'd like this research to go as far as proving that there are, in actuality, changes happening, so that they and myself can look back on this research and be excited for the future.

Now that I have done immense reading on my topic, I know that I will be contributing something special. Much of the research I have read falls under the category of what is considered beautiful and why. I have come across a lot of history articles which highlight the progression of natural hair and its profession, but not once have I came accross a list of legal platforms that correlate with current perceptions of natural hair. I am very excited to contribute my findings amongst the phenomenal research I have already read.