The Rhetoric's of Hair

Colleen Jones’s “The Art & Science of Influential Web Content: What Rhetoric Really Is” goes into detail explaining the powers of persuasion. Pathos (imagination and emotion), ethos (credibility), and logos (logical) are used throughout this entire video. Children alone are appealing and people gravitate to see stories about children and are outraged when they are hurt or harmed. When you hear the severity of this story and how it’s affecting our children, you’re only more intrigued. The credibility of this story is the simple fact that the incident that happened to Tianna Parker is a known fact. The emotion provoked in this video is an outrage, because things like this shouldn’t even be an issue in 2014 let alone towards a child. Lastly, the way Ms. Perry set up this video she first showed her audience the negativity that surrounds this issue. Ms. Perry went on to show an example of how this issue affects our youth directly. In the video “My Natural Hair is Beautiful” rhetoric’s was also used. Using the innocence of little girls draws your attention to them saying, “If I can embrace my natural beauty then you should too.”