About Me

I'd like to think of myself as a spinning, colorful, vortex. I'm multi-dimensional, full of life, and never fail to look beyond the surface. There's a reason I'm a Gender Studies major, minor in Africana Studies. I'm a first generation college student, number 6 of 8 siblings, driven, and passionate about my role as a black woman in this world. I see through a creative lens. I incorporate creativity and self-expression within all the work that I do, including my studies. 

I believe we were given talents for a reason, to share and utilize them. I feel committed to extracting the confidence it takes to change the world using our skills and talents. Whether it's through sharing my artwork, facilitating a self-love workshop, or mentoring a young man or woman. We all have something to offer and it's our job to use what we have. 

I have learned a great deal of structure through education and I owe the clarity of who I am to what I've learned in school. But ultimately my parents built a foundation based on artistry. 

My mother; a seamstress and jewelry maker and my father; a metal smith emphasized individuality through reinvention, frugality, and entrepreneurship. In school, I often got in trouble for drawing or writing. Today I build relationships through self-expression and artistry, by creating jewelry accessories to empower women. I create self-love exercises which inspire unity. And lastly I’ve created a space online where I share myself for intentional healing

Social Entrepreneurship in India

In the summer of 2015, I went on a study abroad trip to Mumbai and Amdebad, India for 4 weeks.

Charmed Feathers

Charmed Feathers is my personal jewelry and lifestyle brand. Click here to view my website.

I've been designing jewelry for about 7 years, which I believe to be a vessel for change, change in myself, my loved ones, and the world around me. I began creating headbands, bangles, and hair accesories as a response to moving from New York. Since, I've had an affinity for feathers, today which I use to create feather earrings, wall art, and other accessories. Within the Charmed Feathers umbrealla, I create and facilitate workshops that promote self-love,community, and healing. I also ultilize my social media platforms to inspire and encourage individulaity, truth, and vulneribility. 

About My Design

Colors have always been a reflection of my personal outlook on life. This e-portfolio is no different. I first chose the header image from here. Which pictures three raised fists of people from three different backgrounds. I chose this image because I like that it includes different skin tones, shows solidarity, displays black power/pride using  the fist, intersectionality, and inclusivity.

I gravitate toward neutral colors, earthly colors. I believe in the healing powers of the earth, the soil, trees, grass, flowers, plants, and other elements. On a personal level, my skin is brown, a neutral color. I did not choose my skin color but I'm forced to accept it lovily every single day. In a world, where I feel, rejects darker skin tones. It's a task for me to accecpt my cinnamon/caramel skin. In a world, where my skin color is not default, nor is it widely represented, but it's looked as lesser than. The signifigance of neutrals, specifically brown, I choose to implant it everywhere.

"The color brown is aslo down-to-earth color signifying stability, structure and support. Relating to the protection and support of the family unit, with a keen sense of duty and responsibility, brown takes its obligations seriously. It encourages a strong need for security and a sense of belonging, with family and friends being of utmost importance." Empower yourself with color psychology

Pastels and saturated colors just make me happy. They always have. THe background is a pastel like yellow and yellow itself represents happiness. "The color yellow relates to acquired knowledge. It is the color which resonates with the left or logic side of the brain stimulating our mental faculties and creating mental agility and perception.Being the lightest hue of the spectrum, the color psychology of yellow is uplifting and illuminating, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun.

In the meaning of colors, yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness.

Yellow is creative from a mental aspect, the color of new ideas, helping us to find new ways of doing things. It is the practical thinker, not the dreamer."

Empower yourself with color psychology

My middle name is Love and my parents said that's what they seen when I was born. So even though I just recently embraced my middle name as mines. I have been attracted to pink, yes forcefully, due to gender assignment, roles, and expectations. Pink is automatically related to girl, female, woman. I joined a dance/step team in high school called "The Pink Diamonds Step Team". For 4 years my womanhood, female sexuality, confidence, purpose, and community was molded and shaped. I learned so much about myself on that team.

"The color pink also represents compassion, nurturing and love. It relates to unconditional love and understanding, and the giving and receiving of nurturing.

A combination of red and white, pink contains the need for action of red, helping it to achieve the potential for success and insight offered by white. It is the passion and power of red softened with the purity, openness and completeness of white. The deeper the pink, the more passion and energy it exhibits.

Pink is feminine and romantic, affectionate and intimate, thoughtful and caring. It tones down the physical passion of red replacing it with a gentle loving energy."

Empower yourself with color psychology