Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark

Yes, I know how to write code. But I find it taxing and boring. I’m not fun to be around when I’m writing code. My relationship with technology is more a fascination with the people writing code. The hacker communities. I’m not talking about phone scandals and e-mail hacking. When I look at graffiti artists, I see hackers. I see a community of people who are making their own tools and subverting systems to tell stories.    

~Evan Roth

Watch Video below for Evan Roth's Work

Coders often have a different philosophy about sharing texts. What we often negatively point out as plagiarism or copying simply do not mean the same things in the kind of digital culture that Evan Roth, quoted above, is discussing.  Just think about how Roth opened the source code to the Jay-Z video he created for "Brooklyn, We Go Hard" (see video to the leftt) to EVERYONE!  The point is to share, copy, re-distribute.. and allow texts to live!

Based on this philosophy of sharing, I created this site for you to understand the CSS of your ePortfolio in the same way that I came to read and understand it: by looking at how other coders customized their sites.  Roth's world of coding is far more complicated than what this site will teach you, but this site will help you to customize the CSS of your ePort to achieve the design that YOU want.  You should feel ENCOURAGED to copy and/or borrow as much as you like, including from this site. 

The digication platform gives you a wonderful opportunity to customize your ePortfolio and pursue your own digital design.  It means that you will need to learn a little coding, but it is well worth the effort and aligns you with what 21st century writers should all be able to do!!  

Just be like Brooklyn in the way that Jay-Z tells it... go hard!

I wish you happy Designing!

Blessings,

Carmen Kynard, Ph.D.

Creative Commons License
Carmen's Guide to Your ePortfolio's CSS & Web 2.0 Tools by Carmen Kynard, Ph.D. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at https://johnjay.digication.com/css_with_carmen.