My name is Denice Vidals. I am a 20 year old student pursuing my dreams at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I am currently double majoring in Criminology and Forensic Psychology. The future is unexpected, but it is what you make of it. I aspire to become a criminal profiler for a federal agency. The way a criminal thinks and their reason for their behavior or criminal activity fascinates me. I want to be able to understand the psychological aspects of crime. I am also interested in obtaining my certificate in legal translation and interpretation. With my license, I would be able to legally translate and interpret the Spanish language in state or federal court. That is something I am interested in attaining as a hobby besides my career plans of becoming a criminal profiler.

I drive towards achieving my goals every day with a smile on my face and a positive outlook on life. I believe in never giving up and giving a task my 100% effort. Nothing should be taken for granted because anything can change in the blink of an eye. Without taking the risk or instead taking something for granted, we will never grow as individuals. Stepping outside of my comfort zone of my small town in New Jersey, I was ready to embrace New York City and everything wonderful it had to offer. John Jay College of Criminal Justice opened the door to opportunities I never knew were possible. There was an entire new world ahead of me and all I wanted to do was take advantage of it all and explore outside of my boundaries. I knew that the moment I stepped foot into John Jay College that I would find my purpose in life, find my true talents, and embark on my path towards achieving my dreams. 

We can all think creatively; therefore, it is time to step outside of our comfort zones and explore the world around us. With a spark of creativity, we can live a happy, adventurous, thrilling, and successful life. I am grateful for where I stand at a prestigious school such as John Jay College. I am ready to take on life courageously and with a creative state of mind to make my every day journey interesting. 

My ePortfolio:

A Spark of Creativity

Homepage of my ePortfolio!