My name is Nicole Vitrit. I am a 19-year-old student studying Security Management at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I love learning about United States history, politics, and more specifically the Department of Defense. I personally want to join the United States Navy, but that dream is on hold for right now. 

I plan to double minor, but I am only sure of an art minor as of right now. I love art and using the different mediums, getting messy, and looking at a finished project and seeing something I created with my own two hands.

I am from a small town in southern Westchester, not very far from the Bronx. I graduated from Tuckahoe High School with a graduating class of 94, the largest class to graduate on record. The entire school district, K-12, was only 1,000 kids (for most schools that’s the entire high school or even one grade!) Coming from the tiny town of Tuckahoe to the big city of Manhattan for school was a drastic change. It’s amazing meeting new people every day and something new and exciting is happening every day. The people I have met so far at John Jay College have truly impacted my life and I can honestly say I don’t regret going anywhere else. There’s always new opportunities to benefit from and I am beyond grateful that I live where I do and have the chance to better myself from the amount of opportunities right at my door step.

Many people believe that your goal in life is to find yourself. I strongly disagree. Why are you going to spend your entire life trying to find out who you are when you are what you make of yourself? You are who you chose to be: you create yourself. No one can tell you that you are this or that. No one knows you better than yourself, so who better to decide what you will do with your life, when you’ll do it, where it’ll happen, and, most importantly, why it will happen?

“Life is not about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

My e-Portfolio:

To Create Yourself

Homepage of my e-Portfolio!