The Editors At Work

The Digital Works of Christina Tsetsakos, Stephanie Velasquez, Luc Pitre, Denice Vidals, and Nicole Vitrit

This is Christina's home page. Her e-Portfolio's theme features a warming, inviting, and wide eyed child-like feeling. She writes: "Everyone is born into the world with a unique distinction from one another. We might all be human beings but not each and every person has a characteristic that gives them a sense of individuality. Some might hide it away from the rest, thinking that it's a curse than a blessing. They're wrong. Everyone should embrace whatever makes them different because that is what will make them stand out from the rest. Like Dr.Seuss says, "why fit in when you were born to stand out?" This quote is very important to me because it teaches me that my talents should be praised, not by people, but by myself. It educates every single person who reads it and gives them hope. That is exactly what I want people to think when they see my header. The confidence and pride that they should have for being different in their own way!"

In her collaboration with another student, Stephanie wrote an essay overviewing a spoken word piece by Suli Breaks and a TED talk given by Lizzie Velazquez, and showcasing how we overcome challenges and become the driving force of change. She writes: "All in all, society will always have an influence on what we think of ourselves and what we see in the mirror at the end of each day. But it is up to us, as individuals, as members of society and as human being to be the change that we want to see in the world."

This is Luc's e-Portfolio home page. His site has basic, complimentary colors, and an added personalized touch of photographs. He writes: "This e-Portfolio as it stands is a work in progress, and it will always be a work in progress. Maintaining a website, or anything digital for that matter, is a process. But nevertheless, this e-Portfolio is mine, and it is being built brick by brick from the ground up. Like the picture on the left, this e-Portfolio is mine, and it stands as an accumulation of my work; It may not be fancy, but it's something. So, let's see where it takes me."

This is the home page of Denice's e-Portfolio. Her design shows a stunning array of the cosmos, and instills a bright and cheerful mood. She writes: "Throughout my entire site, you will be able to get a sense of my personality, beliefs, and writing tactics. I believe in never giving up and giving a task my 100% effort. My powerful tactic of persuasion will allow you to take a moment in your day and think critically about a specific issue or idea. Without taking the risk or instead taking something for granted, we will never grow as individuals."

This page features Nicole's work on human trafficking. She serves us an eye opening report on how human trafficking is very much alive today, and the lives some of these people lead. She writes: "Human sex trafficking is not a very well known issue across the world. Human sex trafficking is the exploitation of human beings for sex in which they are constantly abused. What makes trafficking different from prositituion is that it is not a choice. Trafficking victims are forced into this life. Trafficking victims are physically and emotionally abused, starved, kept in horrible conditions, and worse..." Click here to visit the page that holds her work.

How To Cite These e-Portfolio's

For Christina's:

Tsetsakos, C. (Spring 2014). "Showcase E-Portfolios: The FOUNDING EDITORS at Work!" Digital Spectrum: First Year Digital Essays, Stories, and Projects, 1,2. Retrieved from: https://johnjay.digication.com/digital_spectrum/Showcase_E-Portfolios

For Stephanie's:

Velasquez, S. (Spring 2014). "Showcase E-Portfolios: The FOUNDING EDITORS at Work!" Digital Spectrum: First Year Digital Essays, Stories, and Projects, 1,2. Retrieved from: https://johnjay.digication.com/digital_spectrum/Showcase_E-Portfolios

For Luc's:

Pitre, L. (Spring 2014). "Showcase E-Portfolios: The FOUNDING EDITORS at Work!" Digital Spectrum: First Year Digital Essays, Stories, and Projects, 1,2. Retrieved     from: https://johnjay.digication.com/digital_spectrum/Showcase_E-Portfolios

For Denice's:

Vidals, D. (Spring 2014). "Showcase E-Portfolios: The FOUNDING EDITORS at Work!" Digital Spectrum: First Year Digital Essays, Stories, and Projects, 1,2. Retrieved   from: https://johnjay.digication.com/digital_spectrum/Showcase_E-Portfolios

For Nicole's:

Vitrit, N. (Spring 2014). "Showcase E-Portfolios: The FOUNDING EDITORS at Work!" Digital Spectrum: First Year Digital Essays, Stories, and Projects, 1,2. Retrieved from: https://johnjay.digication.com/digital_spectrum/Showcase_E-Portfolios