I. A Word about Your Digital Footprint
- Edit and proofread for typos
- Make sure NO page/section is empty
- Decide how you will represent yourselves!
REMINDER: Expectations in Web Design & Digital Culture
|1. Each page should be at least 350 words long (the equivalent of one page).|
|2. For EACH left tab/webpage, you need at least 1 weblink and at least 1 image.|
|3. No images can float. They must all be right or left-justified and match the content of your writing. You also cannot have big chunks of words with no sound or image.|
|4. Make sure that you do your paragraphing correctly. Double space between paragraphs. No indenting! (Do not center the whole text either.)|
|5. There should be no high-school-styled headings ANYWHERE.|
|6. If you want to showcase a title, use wordart, bannermaker, Or digication’s table function.|
|7. Do not play Rainbow-Brite with font colors. Stick with one font color. Keep all fonts consistent. Do not highlight the words unless that sentence/word is for IMPACT. Otherwise your site will look juvenile.|
II. Personal Checklists
- On EVERY empty page, write the following: This page is in progress. Please check back again in ----.
- Complete your personal checklist as you go though your site
- Use the EXPRESS demo site to see a skeleton
- Decide on John Jay Access vs. Public Access
- Include social icons on your landing page
IV. Use the time remaining to revise, proofread, and upload... FINISH!