OPENING: Q&A about Your Progress Checklist
(Please look at GRADEBOOK under the Sophomore Express Community to see your official score and its updates)
I. Digication Chart Making
Today, we are learning the tool of chart-making.
- Look at your worksheet for today. How many college classes have you taken? THAT is the number of rows that you will need.
- Think about how you want your chart to look. What color will the body be? What color will the lines be? Decide now (if you are using the existing colors of your ePort, go to your settings and get the HTML code that you want.)
II. Follow the Demo on Chart Making
- Click the box that says "Insert/Edit Table" (it is on the on top row and looks like a chart with a pencil on it)
- You need two columns and how ever many rows you have alread decided.
- Align it CENTER.
- Choose the thickness of the lines where it says BORDER (2px, 3px, etc).
- If you want a caption (it appears at the top of the table), select that now.
- Go to ADVANCED.
- Put in the BORDER color that you selected. If you click the white box, it will let you select colors (or add in your HTML code...DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE "#")
- Put in the BACKGROUND color that you selected. If you click the white box, it will let you select colors (or add in your HTML code...DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE "#")
III. Completing the Chart
Begin to insert EVERY course's name into the box now. Please click here for an example. YOU MUST WRITE OUT THE ENTIRE NAME OF THE COURSE!
IV. Showcasing Your Class Projects and Work
- Show a prezi or powerpoint. Click here for examples of what this can look like.
- Show a research project... USE multiple subpages here. Click here for an example.
- Try and make at least 2 left tabs/webpages.
|Next Lab Session: APRIL 29|
|This will be a LAUNCH session. On April 29, you are opening your ePort to all of John Jay or FULL public access (you decide which you prefer). If you are absent, your ePort will be made public to just JJay for you. Be prepared to go public by then. There will be a demo on how to change your final settings.|