This site is only possible because multiple students have contributed their ideas, passions, time, and labor.  As students, we control our own images, words, and perspectives so we need to be sure that we really want our work here.  Our themes in gender studies are deeply related to feminisms of color, queer critique, masculinities studies, trans-studies, decolonizing feminisms, and hip hop feminisms.  This means that we need to be all the more vigilant about not erasing people's presence, contributions, ideas, and impact otherwise we are contributing to oppressive structures rather than building and opening knowledge together.  

Based on "A Student Collaborators’ Bill of Rights" from UCLA's Digital Humanities program, this site and the work of this class also have a contract designed to empower students' decisions about the coursework that includes public, digital projects such as this one.  Here are our guidelines:

1. The class does not require me to do any mechanical labor like scanning and copying.  I should expect to be paid for digital classwork that requires this as part of a project.
  2. I will receive course credit and a grade for this class that is NOT contingent in any way on whether or not I go public with my work here on this platform or anything else for this class.
  3. I will need to do all the assignments in the course for good standing but it is up to me whether I delete my work on this platform at the end of the semester, post things anonyously, write under a psuedonym, or go fully public.
  4. If at any point I want my work removed after the class, I will simply use the contact form on the website or email Professor Carmen (professorkynard@gmail.com).
  5. When my name appears on this website, this means that I can expect and will receive full credit as a collaborator of this website.  My biography will appear on every page that I do.  My name will be part of the list naming everyone here and will be loaded on the front pages.  
  6. The site has a creative commons license that all readers are expected to comply with so my original ideas and perspectives now have an open source copyright.
  7. I can list this project on my resume as an example of the kind of digital projects I have been involved with.  I can include the URL of this site and my own webpage(s) as part of my professional toolkit.

As this archive evolves and as new digital technologies develop, I may need to return to this contract and help amend the rights that are listed for me.  I will simply use the contact form on the website or email Professor Carmen (professorkynard@gmail.com) to do so. 

created by fall 2016 students