Play Song Below
 "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls (Go here for video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgwM1Ky228)

When I first heard the song that you hear playing in the background during college, I was blown away.  Two women. Two acoustic guitars. That's IT! Telling us to reach higher.  I have loved the Indigo Girls ever since, a group who played a critical role in my development.  Hold on to these lyrics from the Indigo Girls if you are a copyeditor. As a copyeditor, you are basically working on the mechanics, the written grammars. You are changing and editing words. Do not see yourself as performing a mundane, mechanical, or secretarial task.  You have people's words in your hands.  Bring those words "closer to fine"-- NOT perfection--- and let the words convey what your colleagues mean and who they are. 

• You will have anywhere from 1-3 copy editors.  It all depends on your group size.
  • Copyediting will be a burdensome and extensive task.  Each webpage must be copyedited.
  • Divide up the webpages with your other copyeditors.  
  • Make sure each member of the group emails you when they are done and ready for their page to be copyedited.  Any webpage that you did not copyedit (if it was done too late), please let Professor Carmen know.
  • Check in with one another and with the teaching assistant to inform people when you have made progress and completed your work as copyeditor.

NOTE: You have a sense now of what a webpage with a music-player looks like and does on digication.  There is a table and then an mp3 uploaded.  To upload an mp3, simply chose the "INSERT MEDIA" tab, choose the song from your computer, and INSERT.  To see what this same page looks like and does on weebly as a platform, click here.