|Audacity Part I|
I. Presentation: Anna S.
Before we begin Audacity, go to your ePortfolio and create a new top tab centered just on your digital story. Call the top tab whatever you want. Then create these left tabs (change titles later):
II. Audacity Tutorial: PART ONE
- Please locate all of your mp3 files (use mp3 ONLY)
- You can go to youtube and find a song or instrumental that you like and download it to mp3 at vidtomp3.com
- You can also download free music and remixes at soundcloud.com
- You can cut a snippet of a song at mp3cut.net (or just do that on audacity)
- Make sure you have your voice recording ready! We will start with that.
III. Audacity Tutorial: PART TWO--- IMPORTING
- Watch the classroom demo on how to import your files.
- Import your voice recording first.
- Import each song in the order that you want them.
IV. Audacity Tutorial: PART TWO--- MIXING AND EDITING
Watch this tutorial first! It will give you a better sense of what to do so that you are not lost.
Now begin mixing and editing!
V. Audacity Tutorial: PART THREE--- SAVING
You must SAVE the entire project. You will have one AUP file and a data folder. If you save the AUP file and not the data folder, you will have to start all over!
|Audacity Part II|
I. Presentation: IVAN
II. Keep going and FINISH Today!
- Make sure you know how to view/see your whole list of tracks
- Silence parts of a song
For another tutorial, if needed, see below:
III. Create your final music file before you leave! (choose CONSTANT bit rate mode and 128 kbps for mp3)
IV. Convert WAV to mp3 (if necessary)
Please note: the JJay lab does not always allow us to convert directly to mp3. Convert to WAV first! Once you have your WAV file, you are almost done! Just find an online converter to make the WAV file to mp3 like this one: