Happy Spring Break!
Your website project spills over into next week so there is no official spring break homework. Yay!
But if you would like to get started on the work that we will do right after the break, you can, though it is not required. Just take a look at the skeleton ePortfolio. Click here. You will now be filling in everything that is listed under DIGITAL JUSTICE and REFLECTIONS (which will be updated on 4/2).
|Part I: In the Classroom|
I. Presentation: Nalena
Today in lab
Finish all website roles
Webmasters: please email Carmen as soon as site is launched; also send a link to the URL
II. Teaching Assistants Lead a Discussion (take notes and submit--- on paper or via email--- to Professor)
- Teaching Assistants' Update: How much of the main "About Us" page have you done? What was your approach? What do you still need to do?
- Copyeditors' Update: How much editing have you done? What was your approach? What do you still need to do?
- Webmasters' Update: How much of the homepage have you done? What was your approach? What do you still need to do?
- What do you need to do/whose style might you incorporate so that your website has a uniform feel while also giving each of you a sense of individual contribution?
- What do you like best about your site so far? What other things do you want to do?
III. Writing Groups (Please swap writing and/or look at each other's webpages) Comment to all of the following:
- What did you learn? What didn't you understand?
- How is the formatting and design of the page (no white space, even formatting, clear labels, multiple columns, etc)
IV. Presentation: Mike
|Part Two: In the Lab|
I. Opening Demos
- You can look at your grades on your ePort now. Go to the digication homepage. Choose Adelante for your courses. Find your gradebook. ePortfolio #1 will be uploaded next week.
- BUTTON FEATURE: You need to change the word "button." Just type in. Hyperlink the button.
- EMBED CODE: Use this function to embed Google Presentations, slideshare(convert your PPT to a digital slideshow for free here), OR prezi.
- HYPERLINKING YOUR OWN WEBSITE: Choose the weblink icon. Then choose STANDARD PAGE. Select the page you want weblinked.
- SOUNDCLOUD: Will give you a nice music player for your site (soundcloud.com where you can follow non-mainstream artists, deejays, etc). It won't play automatically, but the player will be obvious. See below. Use the EMBED code for this. Click here for example.
II. Work Time with Your Group
The more that you spend time with one another, working side-by-side, the more cohesive your website will look. See bullyingimpact.weebly.com as an example.
III. Teaching assistants... write a closing update (What did you all get done today? What is your weekend plan?)