I come from a military family with both of my parents now retired from the Army who actually met while studying Russian at DLI (Defense Language Institute).  Being in a military family, I moved around fairly often, but instead of hating it, I found that it actually helped foster my love of travelling and exploring.  I was born in Texas, lived in two separate cities in Germany for eight years, and my family has lived in Southern Maryland for the past nine years.  Even though I sometimes struggle with naming where I come from, I feel like it has made me more independent and able to go out and explore places that I have never been.  Since then I have lived in Indiana, PA for school, and now in New York, and I sometimes get other people, especially teenagers looking at schools, ask me, "You moved there?  Without knowing anyone?!"  But I feel that one can truly grow when they move into unfamiliar territory and try to understand a new world around them.

Coming from a military family also helped shape what I wanted to do career wise.  I went to a vo-tech or Science, Technology, and Industry school for criminal justice and wanted to go into crime scene investigation- your typical CSI watcher.  My parents helped instill the concept of justice in me, and I wanted to take my curious side and combine them.  I then went to Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) for Criminology, and then I added Psychology as a dual baccalaureate.  While at my undergrad, I fell in love with conducting research and investigating questions that no one knows that will help this world and help people along the way.  People and their actions and thoughts is one of the topics we know almost nothing about, especially consciousness.  I want to find out as much as I can and be able to apply it to the real world and use it to provide justice, which is why I'm at John Jay now pursuing my MA in Forensic Psychology.

With everything that I have experienced and learned so far, I know that I still have a lot of growing to do.  I hope to be able to finish my Master's, go on to receive a PhD in Clinical Psychology, and ultimately work at a university and conduct research.