At this point, you can probably assume that I am of Mexican Heritage. I was born and raised in New York City but grew up with the same values and traditions my parents did back in Mexico. I even had an old fashioned Mexican Quinceañera (Sweet 15) a few years ago. I have come to identify myself as a Mexican New Yorker and that is where the idea for this website stemmed from. When the creation of this website first began it was meant to be used as a way to present me to the world. When it came down to deciding the title, I sat in front of a computer screen asking myself what short and simple title can describe my life and thus "Growing Up a Mexican New Yorker" was created. When it came to deciding the header I choose a picture of Sunnyside, Queens the place I grew up in. In the header, you can also see the train that connects me to the rest of the world as I like to say because no other train runs through Sunnyside besides the 7 train. My background image, on the other hand, is not of a place you would find in New York City or the United States for that matter. My background image is the Angel of Independence that sits in Mexico's capital, Mexico City. It is a very well known and important monument in Mexico where people gather for either special moments or protests; it is a beautiful sight to see in person. Finally, when it came down to deciding the colors from my website, I decided to take colors that you see from both my background image and my header image. In a way, I wanted to have a balance of both the picture of Mexico and the picture of New York City throughout my website, kind of like I live my life. I love being a part of two cultures; it is amazing to be on a train and hear the words "it is showtime!" only to come home and tell my mother all about it while enjoying a wonderful Mexican meal.