After the completion of the collaborative Weebly site I took part in the first thing I did was look through the fully published website. As I was flipping through the pages I felt so proud of what I had taken part in creating. I helped create a website that showed different social justice movements going on all around the world, and they all had one thing in common. They were all looking for the change. 

Looking back on "All We Want is Change" I feel like this website has given me a professional edge in the 21st century. The 21st century has become synonymous with being the digital age. Everywhere you go you see someone on their phone checking their Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram feed. Newspapers are now online and no one buys magazines anymore because you can find the latest fashion trends online. Resume's can now be submitted online and an employer can get to know a future employee using Linkedin. So, the only way to get a message across to people now a day is to make sure it is online. The edge of creating this website is getting it across to multiple people a lot faster than a poster on a pole. Not to mention this website also serves as a contribution to social justice. The whole goal of this website is to have more people be aware of social movements going on around them and to in a way convince them to be a part of these movements. As a group, our goal was to impact all kinds of people to know the facts behind these movements.

Making this website I had to have a combination of born- digital texts and others that were already in document form. The one page that was born- digitally was "Inside the Numbers." This page I feel was one of my best pages because it was born digitally, it was not pre-made in a Google Doc. I feel like this way gives me more room to design the page. As I am writing I can decide when to break up the texts, when and where to add videos and pictures. On the other hand, when it is first on a Google Doc making the page is a little more restricting. I have to somehow make images and videos fit around the text and sometimes it could end up looking awkward and I would have to restart the designing process from square one. If I were to do another project like this again I would attempt to have more pages done that were born digitally. 

After working thoroughly with Weebly I saw how different the format and function was from that of Digication. Digication works more in a professional setting and works to present writing and resumes to perhaps a potential employer or learning institution. On Digication, the platform almost reminds me of a facebook newsfeed only professional. You look through it by scrolling down and you pay attention to one thing at a time, whether it be a block of text or a picture. Weebly, on the other hand, works more like a day to day website, like a blog. It appeals to the everyday person and has the ability to work with a magazine. It has a column function to make sure that a person can stay occupied as they read. The column function works to keep anyone who visits entertained no matter what. Both platforms serve their own purpose and work great depending on what your needs are. In my opinion, I think a combination of both serves to have the most optimal outcome.