When the idea of doing a research study started forming in my brain I thought the first step of the whole thing would be hosting a focus group and taking notes on what they say. I was extremely wrong, the first step to any research study is doing actual research and getting to know your topic and thus began the creation of my annotated bibliography. I read and listened to sixteen different resources which I personally found very interesting.

Standardized Testing is a topic I am very passionate about because it is something I would always question throughout my academic career. The most interesting reads were other research studies about standardized testing because it gave me valuable information and an example to base my research study on. When it came down to actually writing the annotated bibliography it became a very simple task besides writing the citations in APA style. I spent most of my academic career doing MLA style so switching over caused me to become stuck and spend extra time on making the citations. I ended up having multiple website tabs open to help me create the citations, but the actual writing on the resource was simple by just taking notes as you read.

Once the annotated bibliography was completed it was time to move on to the literature review which compared to the annotated bibliography was a lot more simple. With my annotated bibliography completed I already had summaries of all my resources, the complicated part was putting everything together in a coherent essay. Creating transitional sentences were hard because I had to somehow find a way to move from one idea to the next in 1-2 sentences without sounding awkward. Almost an hour later my transitional sentences were complete and I began doing my introduction. Although an introduction is the beginning of the paper I always prefer doing it last since an introduction is supposed to be an overview of everything I find it simpler to write everything and then just summarize. The whole process went pretty well and I believe if I ever had to do it again in the future I would be able to do it a lot more easily. I would follow the same process I did for the first part of my research study to make everything run as smooth as it did this time.