At the beginning, I sat in front of a blank computer screen and asked myself, how on earth am I going to begin my research, how will it unfold, and will I have enough time to do it all? My initial idea of a research project was that I had to hold a focus group and just write down my findings along with a few other snippets of writing. My ideas of how I research project is supposed to roll were completely destroyed and that is when I began to look for some sources to base my writing on.

Looking for different kinds of resources would seem like a simple task but it really was not. I ran into trouble when I could not really find a lot of articles in the library that were not just other research studies. Multiple library pages later I was able to find one article that was not a research study. Finding web articles was pretty smooth sailing, finding websites, on the other hand, was a little more challenging. To find a whole entire website that only talked about the topic you are studying is pretty hard. It took a whole day of searching to be able to find adequate websites. Finally, the videos were the fun part of the whole bibliography. I spent a whole night looking for good videos, out of my own free will of course. Many videos I came across had a very comedic approach to the whole situation. These kinds of videos although fun to watch were neither professional nor had enough information to be considered valid scholarly resources. Apart from finding adequate resources, there were two other challenges I had to overcome. The first was being able to cite them in the American Psychological Association style without having any mistakes and the second was finding enough time to correctly annotate and edit every article. 

As of right now it seems like my research study will be along a strenuous journey, but hopefully, I have learned a lesson from countless late nights to try not to do everything in one go. My greatest goal for this research study is to spark a light in people that will interest them in taking a look into reforming the education system, even if it won’t help me much now it will help the future generation of kids. With the correct steps, those kids will not have to worry that their whole academic career will depend on what an exam says about them. I want to give a voice to my sister and other children like my sister who are smart, understand class and want to receive an education, not just an instruction on how to pass a test. Lately, that is what education is all about learning how to pass a test, from books that teach you the neat tricks on how to pass the SAT’s, to teachers dedicating lessons on the structure of an exam and taking away another day that could have been spent learning new material.