As I am sitting in the classroom only minutes away from giving in my final work I read it over one last time and decided that the whole process of doing my own research study went particularly well. I had chosen a topic I was interested in so I found no problem with finding things to write about. The actual writing did not take long either, the words just kind of drifted onto the paper. I think, like many others, my biggest problem while writing was staying focused. Halfway in I realized I had to close down all other tabs on my laptop that did not pertain to my topic and just continue writing without stopping.

Rewinding further back, for this particular writing piece I had to ask questions to a focus group and not intervene as they talked. Coming up with questions to ask them proved to be harder than what I originally thought. Trying to summarize your topic into two questions seemed rather difficult at the time. I asked myself whether I would have enough information to create a writing piece on it. I picked out the best two questions I had, out of a list of them and headed in to face my focus group.  

While conducting the actual focus group it was a miracle that I was able to get both my questions in. Two questions were more than enough to bounce around in the focus group, it created many ideas and viewpoints. The focus group I observed responded from each other's energy if someone presented an idea someone else was able to further expand on it or provide a contrary view. I had more than a page worth of notes by the end and headed home with an idea of how I was going to write about my findings. 

Once I began to write about my findings I had to keep certain ethical issues into account. Such as making sure that the identities of the people in my focus group were protected. I had to come up with whole new names but at the same time figure out a way to keep track of who is who. Once I figured that out another problem presented itself. How was I supposed to make a conversation amongst people read as a story and not a script? It took a couple minutes of brainstorming but once I figured out a way, editing was the only thing left to do. 

As I reread the paper for the last time I felt like it was one of my best works I have had for years. I put effort and edited it countless times to make sure that it made sense and was not a boring read. From the whole paper, I think I did the best on introducing every single part in some kind of interesting way. That is the best way to get people to read your work, by making sure that they do not fall asleep in the first four sentences of reading it.