My whole inspiration for starting this research was my younger sister, she does not enjoy nor does she understand the need to have all these standardized tests. After thorough research on the topic, the way a ten-year-old child think makes a lot of sense, although I did learn a lot of interesting things along the way, such as the multiple social science studies on standardized testing. Going back to my research question: "How do students describe standardized testing?" I have concluded that standardized testing is described as something that needs reform. The extreme of completely removing standardized testing is hard for many to comply with, and keeping standardized exams the way they make a lot of people unhappy. Reform can include having standardized exams worth less than what they do now, using standardized tests as a way to check a child's progress, or having questions that require a lot more critical thinking. Yet there is still so much more to be done such as looking into the effects some of these reforms can have on students. Perhaps implementing the reforms in a couple of schools and seeing what happens to the students after a couple of years. Once something like this is accomplished it can be used to better the current educational system, and also, better educate the future generation. This can all lead to fewer dropout rates, fewer students that face depression due to the anxiety, and more students that leave the public school system ready and able to pursue a higher education.