When the creation of this website first started I thought I would use it as a way to introduce myself to anyone who was willing to read it, but as I developed the website I realized its real purpose. This website became my mind's headquarters to talk about different issues that I believe need to change, often times using my own life experiences as background information. I hope that after people read through my website they can relate to something they read and know that there is someone else out there that understands and cares for the same idea. If not, then I hope they are inspired to fight for the change they believe in.  This web page focuses on a multitude of issues such as standardized testing, recent social movements fighting for human rights, the capital found in everyone, and so much more. 

Finally, this website is dedicated to my Latinas who want to achieve a higher education; for children of alcoholics who want to know someone who understands; for every child that has been put down because they did not get that perfect score on an exam; for every teacher that fights against teaching for a test; for people who fight for change; and for that small little Mexican girl that grew up in Queens with the dream of becoming a lawyer but had no clue how to achieve that dream until now. 

Table of Contents

A Peek Into My Mind 

With a mouse click, you can read a little about the creator of this website and where the ideas for this website came from.      

From Life to Words on a Page

Here you will find three of my best pieces. The first gives you three vignettes that tell my story and the reason that I am who I am today. This includes a story about my father, my best friend, and my aspirations for the future. The second writing piece is a short research study on how technology has affected our society. It looks into whether the positives that technology has given us outweigh the negatives such as cyber bullying. My final piece is about three common words we often experience in life: fear, love and loss. Although these words have nothing in common they intertwine very often.  At the very bottom of my sub tabs, you will find some of my drafts, I certainly was not born perfect so I could not immediately just begin writing my pieces I needed a couple drafts first.  

One Glove Fits All in Education 

On this page, you will find six different parts that make up my research study about standardized testing and how students view it. The first sub-tab is my research proposal that outlines the reason for this study, the second is a literature review that takes some of my scholarly sources and synthesizes them to create one piece of writing. We then move on from the background to the actual research, starting with my methodology which states my game plan for conducting a focus group that will talk about standardized testing, followed by the analysis of my results from the focus group. We finally finish it off with a conclusion of my research that discusses possible future research studies that will shed even more light on the subject and again on the subpage below my conclusion you will find more drafts that show my trial and errors involved with this research study.

The Scantron 

Before conducting a research study I had to read through the scholarly material to learn more about standardized testing. I looked through library articles, web articles, websites and videos to get a sense of past studies and the current state of standardized testing. By clicking here you will find an annotated bibliography of all my scholarly sources.

Making a Digital Difference

On these pages, you will find three different subjects all circling around the idea of digital justice. The first is a collaborative essay created by my fellow colleague Brenda Almaraz and I. We explored the concept of self-identity and rhetorically analyzed two videos; "Girls Who Read" by Mark Gris and Lizzie Velasquez's speech "How Do You Define Yourself. Below that you will find writing, and a Prezi presentation dealing with the disappearance of the 43 students of Ayotzinapa and the rhetorical analysis of two websites whose main goal is to find justice for these students. The last subject is a website my colleagues Michelle Sencion, Brian Quezada and I created with one mission in mind: to bring awareness to issues that need to change.

Her Past Drives My Future 

On these pages, you will find a digital story about a very important woman in my life: Lucia Vazquez- Oropeza. This digital story was created to show that you do not have to be white, wealthy, suburban, male, Christian, heterosexual, able-bodied, Anglo-Saxon, to be someone in this world. My own Mexican Culture and family make me someone in this world and I could not have asked for anything better! 

Stop and Think!

After finishing some of the writings on this website I took the time to look back at what I wrote and reflect after the process was done. Here you will find those reflections and my after thoughts on writings I did, the creation of this website and my first year of college. 

Contact Me

If you have any comments or want to contact me please feel free to click here and leave me a message.