Having a place of your own to be able to express yourself is amazing. Usually people tend to keep journals to write whatever they want on. This ePortfolio may not be a journal, but it has helped me express myself just like one. I have this ePortfolio because I want to use it to talk about issues that are happening all around me. I want to offer myself and anyone else who wants to agree or disagree with me, a platform in which to speak of current issues. There are thing happening all around us that are very upsetting to witness. There is a lack of love present within people's hearts. The title of this ePortfolio should be a mantra we all follow. To trust in the love of our families, our neighbors, and even strangers. Through this ePortfolio I wish to spread a message of equality and love that we so greatly lack.

I explore the idea of social change and I shed light on some social problems we face in our society. Through my writing, I am able to convey the message that I am not only a student but a social activist and a supporter of human rights. I hope to inspire other student or non-students to pursue any social issues they are passionate about. 

CONTENTS

In Love We Trust

This section introduces myself and my ePortfolio. It also contains a gallery with pictures of various moments in my life.

My Life in Words

In this section you can get to know more about me through my writting. I have included a project in which I not only wrote about my life experiences, but also created a video that really gives my stories a deeper meaning. 

Delving Into the Reading List

As the title implies, in this section I "delve" into the various sources I used to aid my research located in the link below. I examined each source and discussed what I believe the author's message was.

Before Class Starts

This section contains my undergraduate research on underfunding in public education. I deeply examined the effects that underfunding in public schools located in urban areas has on their students.

The Color of Justice

This section features work that I have done in collaboration with one of my colleagues, Juan Guzman. Another feature is a research that I conducted concerning #BLACKLIVESMATTER and the effects of social media as a form of activism. Lastly, you will see a website that I created alongside my colleagues, Magdalena Oropeza and Brian Quezada, in order to shed some light on important issues of social change.

In Love We Trust: The Story of a Mother

This section is dedicated to my digital storytelling project in which I told a very personal narrative about my relationship with my mother. It also features a video and a gallery with images from my childhood. It is an analysis on how I came to understand the idea of hard work and struggle at a young age. 

The Ripple Effect

In here you will find my reflective thoughts on the several things I have done on this ePortfolio. I named it "The Ripple Effect" because every thought I had while writting each reflection made it more clear to me what I needed to complete on my next task. Very much like the effect of rippling water.