The Script

I am the oldest of four, and I just so happen to be the only girl, as well. There’s my brother David, my brother Jonathan, and my brother Derek. Although my brothers are much younger than I am, they have already taught me so much. I can honestly say that I would not be half the person that I am today if it was not for them.

My brother David is twelve years old and we are on complete opposites of the spectrum. I am very outgoing and I speak my mind, sometimes without thinking. Him, on the other hand, he’s quiet, he’s humble, and he keeps to himself. David also deals with social anxiety, and it’s not easy for him to open up to people or even be around unfamiliar faces. It can be difficult and sometimes stressful to deal with him because I can’t always understand where he’s coming from or even get him to open to me. But if there is one thing I have learned from David, it is to be patient and open-minded because not everyone is walking the same path and you never know what people are really dealing with behind closed doors.

My brother, Jonathan lives in Arizona with my dad and stepmom. I don’t get to see him as much as I’d like to but I cherish the times we talk on the phone and Facetime. He’s only four years old but he is one of the brightest kids I know, and I swear I am not being bias. He's very mature and is always eager to learn new things. Jonathan has taught me that distance means so little when someone means so much. Although I do not get to wipe his tears when he is upset or kiss his elbows and knees when he has fallen, I am still his big sister and I love him very much.

Last, but not least, my brother, Derek. He is only two years old but he has so much personality! If there’s anyone who can brighten up my day, it’s him, and he can’t even talk yet. It feels like just yesterday he was born, or learning how to walk, or saying his first word, it's crazy how fast time flies. Derek has taught me that time is precious but limited. You have to appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times. 

Ultimately, I live for my little brothers. They give me a purpose for being, because I know that no matter how unpleasant my day was, or how defeated I feel, I have six little eyes looking up to me and admiring me. Everything I am, I owe to them and I just want them to have someone to look up to, confide in, and trust. And although I am the oldest, it is really them, my younger brothers who have taught me important lessons. They have taught me more than I could ever teach them. I love you David, Jonathan, and Der!