Dear reader,

The purpose of my website is to explore a variety issues in media. These issues include stereotyped gender roles in media and the youth participation in the digital world. I have also included reflections on the creation of this website, drafts of my writing process, so you can really get a behind the scenes feel. Because we live in a digitalized world, I believe it is important that we understand the role media plays in society so we can criticallly examine different channels of media including advertisements, commercials, and television in general. I also believe it's important to not only understand the effects of media on society but its also crucial to understand the perspective of society on the issues. As a feminist, for this world I envision a world with no gender bias. I know that this vision is very broad, and to many it may be naive but I am hopeful. 

About Me and This Website

If you want to learn more about myself and my interest beyond a writer this is where you will find all this information. Also, if you are curious about the design of the website, why I chose certain themes and even colors that would be here. 

My Feed

Under this tab you will find one of my favorite projects I have worked on that analyzes selfie culture in NYC. I explored three individual instagram accounts and wrote about cultural trends and what they said about our digitalized society. I also included my qualitative research study on youth in the digital world. You will also find a more personal account on my struggles with pushing "beyond my comfort zone."

Bytes of Knowledge

This is where you will find my digital annotated bibliography for my qualitative research study. I give short explanations on books, websites, videos, and articles that I used for my research.

Digital Thoughts 

This section includes a series of reflections. I reflect upon my experience of tackling my first research paper on youth participation in the digital world. I also reflect on how it was like to transform this ePortfolio into a website, and essentially used it as a platform for all my writings.

Stereotyped Gender Roles

This includes my qualitative research study on stereotyped gender roles in the media. For this study I interviewed four individuals and had the watch commercials and see what they had to say about gender bias commercials as well as their take on more progressive commercials. 

Contact Me

If you have to contact me for any reason please fill out the form in this tab.