About Me

The perfect day for me would entail sitting on a comfy chair on the second-floor balcony which overlooks the ocean. The breeze feels refreshing and I am occasionally sipping on passion fruit juice. I'm not in America, in fact, I'm in my birth country, St. Lucia. I'm back in paradise and oh man does it feel good. The only noise I hear are the birds tweeting and once in a while the engine of a car. After I'm done catching up with Bates Motel, I'll go on to Pretty Little Liars, The Walking Dead, The 100(can you believe they killed Lincoln) and eventually The Simpsons. Yes! If you haven't figured it out yet, I intend to relax on my perfect day. Sadly this is all a figment of my imagination because I'm literally stuck in America, working twice as hard to achieve a goal that seems years away.

So....who am I? Honestly, can one really tell who they are? However, since you're intrigued I'll give you a brief, just a brief description. I'm a normal human being who believes that life should be lived as simple as possible. If it wasn't for affordable tuition in NY, I would be in the countryside (I'm a country girl). When I am not catching up on shows, I'm a writer. I discovered my "talent" in the seventh grade. It's sad to say that I haven't been building on it just because writing isn't something you just scribble on paper. It is so much more than that. If you want to pick my brain about it, shoot me an email. Two more things about me and I'm done (Yes, I'm a closed book). I'm Aries and if you were to challenge me to a game of volleyball, I would win!!

Oh My Goodness! How could I forget? I love cats by the way!! Look at the picture below. Isn't she adorable! It's ridiculous how big she is. Her name is Tinker. She was trying to sleep but I just had to snap a quick picture (10 pictures to be precise).

Down the line, I aspire to be a Forensic Pathologist which I will become in ten years. Wish me luck. A lot of luck. However, to pass the time I have found myself in multiple projects. I'm one of the youth leaders in my church (Yes, I go to church every Sunday). In addition, I serve on the board of CUNY DREAMers (Look it up. I myself am a dreamer). Aside from that I volunteer at the shelter (I plan to have my own nonprofit one day) and I'm in multiple clubs at school and outside of school (too many to count).

Contents of this Website
Don't Be Foolish! Educate Yourself!I define five important key terms.
The Sad TruthMy interpretation on one of  Derrick Bell's pieces.
Wild vs. EleganceA very interesting piece wich talks about the distinction between white and black.
The Flipside of ThingsA creative piece where I try to envision myself in someone's shoes.
Stone ColdMy goals in life and how in America I'm going to have to work 2x as hard.
Pa Fe HontEmbracing my language especially now that I know the origins of it.
The MonsterA Short 5 min. video on Trump with script below.
The Melting Pot Has Turned LukewarmPowerpoint presentation on immigration and how opinions of people have been misconstrued.

After going back and forth with what the design of my poster should be, I finally decided upon something that was peaceful yet sent a strong message. The color blue and the sky represented that peaceful aspect for me. When I look up at the sky I feel so small but it gives me the opportunity to think. Sometimes it's positive thoughts and other times I dwell on the future much longer than I had anticipated. It's so scary because the future is something that is unexpected because it can't be foreseen. This goes back to my banner which the words of the lyrics is taken from Bob Marley's song, "How long will we have to suffer?". 

My main goal when I did the background was to depict the frustration that was hidden inside my head. It sums up that life is intense and only the strong survive. If anyone wants to make it down the line they must remember "To exist is to resist".

Banner:

https://democracychronicles.com/americas-unfulfilled-promise/

Background:

https://freedombuspalestine.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/2015-freedom-ride-day-11-jerusalem-and-ramallah/to-exist-is-to-resist/