My name is Uber Bautista and I am 18 years old. People always ask me where my name came from, to be honest I don't know. What I do know is that the definition of Uber is basically super. I am currently a student at John Jay college of Criminal Justice majoring in Criminal Justice (BS).It is my first semester here at John Jay but I feel like I belong there, the whole subject of Criminal Justice fascinates me. My dream is too one day enter the field of Criminal Justice whether it be catching the criminals as an FBI agent or prosecuting them as an attorney. As of now I am not sure what career I want to pursue but if I'm sure of anything it's that it will be in the Criminal Justice field. But whichever career I turn to wont be easy to obtain. If I choose to be an FBI the competition will be immense and they hire only the best which I must be. If I choose to be a lawyer I must pass the bar which only half the people who take it do. To accomplish what I want further in life I must focus on the task at hand which is school. I am a person who likes to give 110% on anything I do and I apply that in my school work. I believe I have what it takes to accomplish anything I set my mind too. 

I have a life outside of school in which I focus on photography and fashion. I carry my camera almost everywhere I go. You never know when something exciting may happen and you will need to capture the moment. I like to take pictures of anything places, people, there outfits you name it. If i don't have my camera on me then I always have my phone as my backup. I'm at Time Square the heart and soul of New York City on a daily basis. I am actually from Queens,NY but my school is located in the city which gives me the opportunity to have some city adventures. Besides my photography I like to express myself through the clothes I wear. I could wear anything from street wear clothing to casual wear to a suite and tie. I do not tie myself down because I learn more from trying to new things. I don't like to limit myself to one thing, that goes for clothing and anything else in life. 

I am glad that I live where I do because so many opportunities are just handed to me. I have the privilege to have parents who came from a third world country that have guided me through life so far. That is another thing about me, I care a lot about my family. Where I’m from and where my parents came from is big part of who I am. I am not just a city boy but I am a city boy with hispanic heritage and I am proud of that. Just being able to be born in the United States is a huge privilege and blessing. I will not take anything I have for granted.

For any buisness inquiries or quesitions contact me at uber.bautista@jjay.cuny.edu