Introduction

The purpose of this study is to describe experience of immigrants arriving to this country in search of a better life. Although it may be better than their lives back home, immigrants face a lot of struggle in this country. 

Background

Many people often come to the United States from their native country in order to provide a better life for their family. Some do it legally, others do it illegally which is a more difficult journey. If they are lucky to arrive in this country, they come to face issues due to their legal status.

Research Question 

How do Hispanic/Latino immigrants describe their experience living in this country ? 

Methodology 

I will be interviewing 25-40 year old men and woman who have been living in this country for a couple of years now. They will mostly be made up of immigrants from the country of Guatemala. I will conduct separate interviews with close family and friends and will keep their identities anonymous. 

The interview questions will include but are not limited to: 

-How old were you when you immigrated to this country?

-What were your reasons to immigrate to this country?

-What was your experience like the first moments living here?

-How would you compare living in the U.S when you first arrived to now?

Research Stance

I come from a family of immigrants that came from Guatemala almost 20 years ago. I have been affected by a deportation and have seen the struggles my parents have faced in this country. I have family members who were able to obtain legal documentation and others who are here illegally. I have first-hand experience on this subject so I feel that I can be a trusted source with this research. 

Conclusion

My goal is to be able to describe the lives of these immigrants, what they faced or are currently facing in this country. Not only to show the struggles but also the benefits of living in this country.